Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gift ideas for my Japanese host family?

Question:


I am going to Japan soon for a couple of weeks, and for some days I am staying with a host family. They have a 10 year old son and an 18 year old son, and there is also a Mum and Dad. I am from Australia, so was thinking about an AFL football for the younger son, and a Holden V8 super car model for the older son. I am also going to make a short DVD presentation about my life for the whole family. I'm a bit at a loss though as I have no idea what special thing I can get just for the mum and dad. Does anyone have any ideas? And what do you think of the ideas I already have?

Answer:


I was in your position last year too, except my host family was in China.

I gave them a packet of Australian Pens that you can pick up from Australian Geograph store.
I also gave them 2 packets of Tim tams, (Which are great if you're going to like a japanese school you can hand it out to the kids, they just eat them up in a few seconds.

Also gave them things like some plush kola toys. Maybe a boomarang which you can get at Australian Geographic

No comments:

Post a Comment