Thursday, November 10, 2011

What is the name of this Asian snack?

Question:


Hi. This has been bugging me for ages. I had these crackers a few years ago. They were Asian crackers, and there were about two in a pack. They were all individually wrapped in a green wrapper. They were about a half an inch thick each, and were a brown color. They were like rice crackers, and a little crispy, but light and airy. I think I recall them tasting like teriyaki, or something savory like that. Please help me with the name!!

Answer:


You answered your own question. They were rice crackers indeed. The type of rice crackers you had was called senbei. Unfortunately, I can not tell you which type of senbei you had due to their big selections. If I must guess, I'll say you probably had one of those shoyu flavored senbei.

Here's one of the shoyu flavored senbei: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jrI8oWteohw/Tg…

No comments:

Post a Comment