Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How to move to Japan?

Question:


I'm planning on moving to Japan after going to culinary school here in America. I just need advice and knowledge on how to make that possible. I speak Japanese fluently already so that wouldn't be a problem. I have no family members there. I need to find out how i'm gonna get a job there and where's the cheapest and best place to stay. Oh and what kind of jobs can I get with a bachelors degree in culinary arts. :) thanks. Any additional information or advice is greatly appreciated ^-^
I am serious about this so yeah. PEACE!

Answer:


You need to find the job and receive sponsorship for your visa before you go. My guess is that, even being foreign, you will not have any special skill that qualifies you over a Japanese for any culinary type jobs. If you are in fact "fluent", can read/write and converse at a business level, then maybe a bi-lingual hospitality type job would be an option but again, you need to find that job and receive sponsorship before you ever leave your country. As for the cheapest place to live - not Japan. You'll go where the job is. You can be as serious as you like but it is very difficult to immigrate to any country without a skill that is high demand. Now if you had money and could open your own restaurant then you'd receive the visa much easier but that doesn't sound like the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment