Saturday, December 3, 2011

Japanese book on tape and my name? (2 questions)?

Question:


I'm learning japanese. So far I have memorized almost all the hiragana. I was wondering if there was somewere I could get a FREE japanese book on tape, just so I could listen to how it sounds. I don't want it to be teaching me any japanese.

My 2nd question:
My name is Coreen pronounced Core-ee-n. Would that be hard for someone in japan to pronounce, I was thinking maybe i could tell them it was koe-ren

Thank you!

Answer:


Why not just listen to things on Youtube? Might not be an ENTIRE book-on-tape type of thing but there is plenty to listen to you youtube.

Coreen would just become Korin or Koriin (こりん or こりいん) in Japanese. Korin is a name that already exists. It wouldn't be difficult for Japanese at all. I wrote them in hiragana because you said you can read most of them, but since your name is foreign it would usually be written in katakana instead (so こコリン and コリーン instead).

No comments:

Post a Comment