Monday, April 18, 2011

Getting started on Kanji help?

Question:


Hey, so I've been studying Japanese for 3 years now. I know both Hiragana and Katakana off by heart and only a few Kanji (eg. numbers, days of the week). I would like to learn Kanji by myself, I understand how the On and Kun readings work and all that but i'm not sure where to start. I've tried just learning random Kanji but it seems really disconnected and nonstructural. So, is there an order that the Japanese learn Kanji,so like is there for instance Kanji they learn in each year or does it always differ, and if so, can you provide a link or information on this. Also, where can i buy books on Kanji? (I live in Sydney).

Any help would be most appreciated :)

Answer:


Kanji are group in to first grade, second grade, third grade, etc. Basically in the first grade, common kanji like sun, tree, mountain, etc. And as you progress, the kanji becomes more difficult and complicated looking. You can search the internet for this. It's just like English, when you are kindergarten you learn simple words then as you reach elementary and high school you learn more difficult words.

No comments:

Post a Comment