Monday, April 18, 2011

Is it safe to go to Tokyo this July?

Question:


I know there have been a lot of Y!Answer questions about this matter (I checked on Google) but most of these questions were posted a few days after the disaster, and the information we know now is more deep.

My friend and I were planning to go to Tokyo this Summer (we've already booked tickets!) And I'm actually half Japanese. My relatives (who live in Tokyo) are all saying that this is a bad idea because of the great earthquake predicted to come and the blackouts (fear of not having air-con in the Tokyo Summer heat...); my Geography teacher says the earthquake in March will most likely trigger a bigger earthquake in the Summer; my best friend (who is in Japan, Tokyo now) says it's completely fine, and that aftershocks will last a decade so going this year, next year, or five years time won't make a difference - but instead of opinions, I want to hear facts.

Would you advise traveling to Tokyo this Summer? Is it a good idea? Or will this trip of ours just have to wait?

Thanks.

Answer:


"the great earthquake predicted to come" No one can predict when an earthquake will strike (if anyone finds the formula, then it is off to the bank) who ever told you that is lying. Scientists have always agreed that a major earthquake does not usually follow another so it is highly unlikely that we would see a huge earthquake this summer. Having said that, it will most likely happen in the future. When? who knows. It is up to you if you want to go to Tokyo or not but Tokyo is ok from what i understand. Keep checking up on the latest info online and remember if you decide to cancel your ticket a few days before, you will most likely lose your money (airlines policy)

No comments:

Post a Comment