Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How safe is travel to Japan now?

Question:


I need to travel to Tokyo in mid of May. Is it safe to travel to Tokyo after considering the tremors and radiation? Please let me know the current situation, so that I can decide to travel or not. And also I am a first time traveler to Japan, please give me some tips to follow.

Thanks

Answer:


Tokyo is safe and business as usual. There are no harmful radiation reports in Tokyo and the aftershocks are normally happening but not so oftenly now. And most aftershocks could be below M 5 now, the ones you'll never notice it's happening.
For first time travelers, you'll have no problems just make use of your common sense and instinct. Road signs, train signs and warning signs in Tokyo have English translation on it.
Enjoy while in Tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment