Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Learning Japanese CONFUSED?

Question:


So iv started learning Hiragana Symbols but I keep trying to understand Japanese from an English point of view

So when I was learning the first few syboils it was simple

A
I
U
E
O

Everything was good until I got to Ka, Ki, Ku...... which has really confused me

So my Question is: When learning Japanese, should I completely forget about English. Because I am really mixing it up.

PS: Does anyone have advise on learning a new language?

Answer:


I think it'll be best for you that when you are writing the character out on paper, don't think:
き = K I

Don't read it. It's not K I. It's the sound, KEY.
Once you train yourself to forget the actual romaji being used and focus on the sound it'll come a little easier to you.

Here's my son's favourite song. He is a new 2 year old, 25 months exactly, and we've been working on him reading the Japanese alphabet since he is half Japanese. So far he can only reconize the あ い う and え but it's a start for his age!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrMkJAzbW…

No comments:

Post a Comment