Monday, May 30, 2011

Essay help:why do I want to go to japan?

Question:


I believe I should be selected as an exchange student for the -cityname- sister cities programs because I have a vast interest in Japanese culture and customs. Japan has the most beautiful geographical lands and I would be very honored to one day see such a place. Japan has a big variety of subcultures, most of them catering to youth making it an ideal place to go and have fun at. Within a quick bullet train ride you could go to from shopping for all the latest fashions in Harajuku, to Sanjuusangendou temple in Kyoto, and still have time to visit an onsen (public bath). By visiting Japan I hope to gain a better understanding of the world outside of America.
I have read and studied a lot about Japanese culture in books and the internet. I want to get the first hand experience by visiting the country itself. In America you would be able to taste an original Japanese food without it being Americanized in some way. For instance sushi, Most sushi in America contains avocado instead of the original wasabi .In Japan most of the food is prepared and the same way it’s been done in years. Books I read about Japan are sometimes outdated and visiting Japan would be the only way I can confirm my knowledge of the country.
My favorite thing about Japan is the mentality of the Japanese people. Japan is a vary isolated country. The people keep to themselves and they are very polite. When the Japanese do something they devote themselves fully in it to achieve perfection .They are good at satisfying their customers, while specializing in convenience. It is typical in Japan to see a vending machine that sells clothes, or a person greeting you at a store entrance. Hygiene is taken more harshly than in America and the Japanese are considerate of their health. When a Japanese person gets sick a Face mask is put on to prevent others from getting sick, in homes the family and guest take of their shoes at the jikan (entrance) to prevent dirtying the floors with germs outside coming from the bottom of the shoe. Instead of shaking hands with people they bow which helps the germs to stop spreading from hand to hand.
When I visit Japan I want to improve my Japanese by speaking to the natives. I’ll gain unforgettable experiences and upon returning home I’ll tell my family & friends more about the country .while In return I will teach my Japanese host family about the American lifestyle, culture, & language .I will behave in a positive way so their views of people like me, Americans and African Americans won’t be displayed in a negative thought. They won’t rely on media and stereotypes. In the future I hope to know fluent Japanese so I can become a certified translator. With a language certification I will have a better chance of getting job opportunities and I will be able communicate with people on a wider social scale.

I need someone to check if it's ok.I'm not so good in the writting&editing department D:

Answer:


you don't have to worry about that essay. It's pretty impressive you just have to improve your spellings. and focus at the location of the school. search about the location. For example, In Tokyo, I would like to be an exchange student because i want to learn Japanese Language, and i want to visit/ explore Tokyo well. etc. you don't have to say different kind of things in different part of Japan because you want there to study not to stroll around. so yeah. ~Reika. visit me when you passed. k? i'm a female teenager too. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment