Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In Japan and Korea, where do you get married?

Question:


I have recently started adopting the religion Buddhism and I know that that is the main religion in Japan and Korea, so can anyone tell me what the ceremony is like? Where is the marriage taken place? In a Temple? Would I wear a traditional dress? And things of that sort. I would like to hear from Buddhists or anyone that knows.

Thank you to anyone who answers, I really appreciate it!

Answer:


Western styles like beach, garden, hotel & church weddings are becoming more popular now than the traditional ones. They see it as "modern".

Japan may be a Buddhism country but not everyone are religious about it. I'm Buddhist but my lifestyle is not "Buddhist" as you may call it. I eat meat.

If you are marrying a man who is a traditional Buddhist, your wedding might happen in a shrine. But if he's just an average guy like most of us, then you might have a western style with Japanese customs mix in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment