Friday, May 20, 2011

In Japan, if you drink from the same cup as someone it's an indirect kiss, so whats bathing in the same water?

Question:


I was thinking about how in anime people get all flustered sharing a drink with someone, but then if someone's at their house and they have to take a bath after someone they don't
I'd think you'd be more self conscious about bathing in someone else's water though
Or do they not think anything of it?

Answer:


Japanese people have a shower before they enter the bath, so generally speaking, they are already clean.

I think bathing in the same water has just stayed apart of the Japanese culture, but to the Japanese, it is completely normal. It's like us westerners drinking from the same cup or blowing our noses in public which the Japanese see as impolite and just not to be done.

I am going on exchange to Japan, and have been told that I'll have to use the same bath water as the family. But because I am a guest, I have the luxury of bathing first, which just completely relieves me haha

No comments:

Post a Comment