Friday, May 20, 2011

Japanese boys shyness?

Question:


So...I've observed that Japanese boys, compared to Japanese girls are more introvert and this is becoming one of my difficulties since I wanted to make friends with them (both boys and girls) and Japanese boys are just more difficult to deal with.
I am a foreigner (Asian) here and has been trying to make friends with the Japanese students. So far, the girls are so nice to me such that even though they are not so good in English, they still try and talk to me. On the other hand, when it comes to the guys, I always am the one who makes the initiative to start a conversation (mostly in English). They would respond and try so hard to talk in English (some are good, some are so-so but not as bad and knows beyond the basic). When I talk to them, they are nice but outside the classroom, we never really "interact" that much. I want to make friends with them and not only be a foreign "classmate" to them.

I wanted to share more of the instances where I felt these guys just don't "like" me but since I have no time atm, I would appreciate to hear your advices.

Thank you very much!

Answer:


Relationship between men and women is more distant in Japan than in western countries. So it's common that Japanese boys act that way to a girl. It's not just to you but to Japanese girls as well.

Japanese girls are "introvert" to boys on the other hand.

It's just Japanese custom.

No comments:

Post a Comment