Saturday, May 14, 2011

What can I do to help Japan?

Question:


I don't have any money to donate, unfortunately. I did, however, hear about how many of Japan's tourist attractions are closing early to conserve energy. If I were to conserve energy in America, would it be able to help other countries? If not, what can I do?

Answer:


Maybe, in a way you could help not only Japan, but the whole planet if you try to consume less electricity. Global warming is of major concern and I have read in a scientific article about how it makes the icebergs melt in the Polar areas. Appearently ice over there is so heavy that it presses the crust with such a force, that plates don't move that fast. The more ice will melt, the more plates will move, causing stronger earthquakes (and ultimately tsunamis) in the future. So, if we consume less of anything that produces heat into the atmosphere, I guess, we're on the right track.

Just in case you would like to make a donation to Japan's Red Cross when you have money:
http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/

No comments:

Post a Comment