Saturday, May 14, 2011

Would I be welcomed in Japan?

Question:


Ive always wanted to live in Japan, but will I be treated badly?

I'm American and here we treat immigrants from other countries like crap.

Would the Japanese treat me the same way?

I really love the Japanese culture and wish to live there.

Answer:


No dogs are allowed, especially, white dogs.

Seriously, most Japanese, including me, are very kind and helpful to visitors from overseas regardless of your nationality as long as you stay in Japan for a short period of time.
But, DON'T live in Japan as a resident unless you are exchange student. Our attitude towards you would change drastically overnight.
Unless you are a native-level speaker of our language (which is extremely rare), you cannot get a job in Japan. If you are proud of yourself, don't be a "teacher" of English, which is the least respected job in Japan. 99% of the Japanese are looking down on them.

If you are American, you can stay here for 3 months as a tourist, and you can repeat it every year if you want. But DON'T try to live in Japan as a resident. Our national policy is very strict against foreign residents in Japan for the purpose of preserving our homogeneity of the Japanese for a variety of reasons (I am not going into this argument here).

You could be treated well in Japan as a tourist, but otherwise, you my be treated like a dog if not a rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment