Sunday, May 8, 2011

What's a good computer to get?

Question:


I live in Japan and I think it's time for me to get a new computer. I've thought about ordering one from the U.S. and having it shipped but wanted to see what computers were available here. I'd like a relatively high-end computer. Fast, good graphics, and good for playing new games. It doesn't need to have an English OS and while I would like a laptop, I won't say no to a desktop. So any ideas about the brand, the type, and where I can buy it?

Thank you.

Answer:


If I remember correctly computers are a bit expensive in Japan so the US shipping option might be best for you. I strongly suggest a desktop if you want a high end gaming computer though. Laptops are best for light/medium gaming unless you want to shell out a couple thousand.

For gaming, go with Windows 7 and not a Mac OS.
For brand, I prefer Toshiba and Asus but most computers brands will be pretty similar.
Anything around $1000 will get you a medium/high gaming rig and $2000 should get you what you need to play anything currently on the market at max settings.

Check websites like Newegg.com and Tigerdirect.com for pre-built systems. Those places will give you decent prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment