Monday, June 20, 2011

Life of a Guijin girl in Japan?

Question:


I lived in Japan when I was young and have lived in America ever since. I was born there and so I feel some what tied to the area. I have been to Japan on an off since I was young. I am a Junior in high school so I am looking a colleges. I have my sights set on going to college with a business major and a minor in east asian languages since I would love to learn more Japanese and Chinese. I have studied Japanese for three years now so I do know the language some what. I plan to graduate college early by taking summer courses. I wanted a perspective on life in Japan since I went last year and found out that it is much different then I remember. For example I don't remember sticking out like a sore thumb like I did. For example I went to disney Tokyo why I was over there and I swear I had a larger line to take pictures with me then mickey mouse had. I also had a lot of asian men hit on me. I know there are guys that have guiding fetishes but I didn't really realize it at age 9 which is probably good. I was just wondering if someone (hopefully a girl with experience living in Japan) could tell me how life is like over there what jobs besides teaching english would be good and how to eventually survive. Thanks so much.

Answer:


You had me there for a minute, you know, no question marks.

You need to do a database search on this forum with questions like "Moving to Japan", "Jobs in Japan" and the like. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. What you are going to find out is that:

1- Even jobs teaching English are getting harder to come by
and
2- Other jobs are VERY hard, as in almost impossible, to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment