Monday, June 20, 2011

Visiting Japan - Tokyo vs. Okinawa?

Question:


I'm going to Japan this fall and trying to plan out my itinerary. My husband will be in Okinawa for work and we are debating if I should fly there direct from NYC or have him meet me in Tokyo. We will probably only go once and I feel like there will be much more culture in a major city than at a vacation destination. We would love to do both but probably won't have the time (or finances). If you had to pick one - where should I go? And, if you happen to be very familiar w/ Japan, we would be going in September which is when Okinawa becomes "Typhoon Alley" so if it's normally a bad time to go, that information would be helpful in our decision making as well. Thanks!

Answer:


I lived in both places. Tokyo is has lots of great temples and shopping. It is a great place to go to if you want a big city feel. Okinawa to me seemed more mellow. You still get the temples and shopping but it is more scares then in tokyo. Tokyo has fun places to go like arcades which are really fun for any age, maid cafes, host clubs, and lots of other things which are really great. Okinawa has beautiful beaches. I know it is typhoon season but I actually believe the beaches are the best time that year since summer is filled with jellyfish and many tourist don't come that time of year. If you go to Okinawa you have to go to there fishing villages because it is apsolutly to die for. It really depends on what you love but since you just came from a big city like Newyork I would sugest Okinawa. Also I survied though many Typhoons and the only bad thing that really came out of it is not having my bouncy castle at my 9th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment