Monday, June 20, 2011

A question for those living in Japan. Have you seen Japanese dating foreigners?

Question:


If you have lived in Japan for some time or are now living there, I have some questions for you. I want to know if you have seen foreigners dating Japanese? Where have you seen it? Where is it most likely to encounter such couples? When it happens, is it usually involving a Japanese man and a foreign woman or a Japanese woman with a foreign man? I hope you can also tell me the foreigner's race.
I know as expatriates, you probably wouldn't focus your attention on things like that. But I still wonder if you have memories of such couples? When you went shopping or were in other public places, did you ever seen such couples? I'd appreciate it if you could give me more details such as the city where you lived, how popular this trend has become, how many times you have seen such paring.
I'm also expecting answers from Japanese who use Yahoo answer.
Thank you!

Answer:


I've lived in Japan for more than 6 years, and I have dated Japanese people. In fact, I am engaged to a Japanese woman and we are expecting a child in February. I see it quite often in the Tokyo and Yokohama area. I know several foreigners who are dating or married to Japanese people. It's actually quite common. I have seen Americans, Canadians, British, Russians, Nigerians, Chinese, Filipinos, Australians, Koreans and more dating Japanese or married to Japanese. In these cases, it's both men and women, though it tends to be white or African men with Japanese women and Asian women with Japanese men. I've seen these couples everywhere, living in Japan, shopping, working, including coworkers. I can't count how many times I've seen it, because it see it every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment