Saturday, June 11, 2011

What would be a better choice of holiday Japan,Phuket or Bali ?

Question:


All flights are half price from Australia to Japan, Phuket and to Bali so about $500 return.
I can't decide :)
I'm 20 and traveling alone what would be best? I'm thinking Japan in Tokyo because Bali is very tropical and I already live on the Gold Coast so it wouldnt be too much difference

Answer:


It really depends on what you want to do and what you expect. Saying that you're not thinking of Bali because it's climate is too similar isn't really accurate. I mean, we're talking about an entirely different country with an entirely different culture, history and language.

Travelling alone is perfectly safe in Thailand and Japan as long as you use your basic common sense (though it's suprising how many people don't). I'm speaking from personal experience and therefore can't comment on Bali as I haven't been.

Reasearch some places, hire some travel books from libraries. What are your interests, what do you want to be doing, and which destination best meets this? You may also want to consider your budget. Japan is not as expensive as everyone complains about (it's certainly cheaper holidaying there than in Australia in my opinion), but Thailand and Indonesia will be cheaper, and if you're strapped for cash you might be able to do more for your dollar at those destinations.

BTW: It goes to show how everyone is different in what they want to see and do. Although I've visited more traditional parts of Japan and loved them, I can't say anything bad about Tokyo. It's a great city, there's nothing wrong with the transport (especially when compared to what we have here in Aus). But then, I love huge, fast past, crowded neon cities, so of course I loved it....but that's not for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment