Thursday, July 21, 2011

Homesickness in Japan?

Question:


I am considering going on a foreign exchange trip my junior year of high school... right now I am a sophomore. I don't know if I should actually go or not though... I'm so worried that I'm going to get homesick. Because even if right now, I sit and imagine being in Japan, away from my family for a year, I feel a bit homesick. And I'm just so scared that I'll go to a school where the kids are mean. I'm just scared that I will hate it there, and be trapped with no way out of it.
But I have been to Japan before and I love it, so I would really like to go... but to you, please tell me, does it sound like I am not really mature or brave enough to handle this sort of thing yet? Should I go or not?

Answer:


If you have the rare chance to visit Japan, Go for it! Anyone feels homesick when he leaves his family behind. It is a normal reaction. It is best to make friends, mingle around, learn their language and culture. Enjoy what Japan has to offer. This will be an exciting and a very memorable experience.

Yes, you are still young and maybe quite immature but even older or very matured people feels homesick. I'd say, you should go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment