Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shopping & Weight in Japan?

Question:


I'm planning a trip to Japan in mid November, and I was just wondering about my weight, I'm 5'3 and 117lbs, with a flat stomach, and I was just wondering if that's considered chubby or what..

Also, I consider myself curvy, and I'm not excepting to walk into every store and be able to find the clothes I want, in American sizes I'm a small/medium or a 6/8 depending on the make, and was wondering if you think I'll have a hard time finding clothes there. My measurements are 35-26-40 in case that helps any.

Thanks in advance

Answer:


You may have a little trouble depending on the store but it is not hard to find 大きいサイズshops (sometimes just called サイズショップ). They carry clothes that are just as cute, sometimes just a bigger version of something that store sells. I am tall and have big feet, even though I am skinny, so I would go to these shops for shoes and pants sometimes.

Here is are some of my favorites (though these are online shops):
http://www.rapty.com/size_shop/
http://belluna.jp/ryuryu/02/010201/shop/…

So, no worries. You will be able to find stuff either way. But its pretty likely that you will be able to find something in regular stores, like Vinegar was saying.

P.S. Don't forget that, depending on where you are, you could also go to American stores like GAP to find normal sized clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment