Thursday, July 21, 2011

Is it safe to travel to Japan yet?

Question:


We had been planning to go for about 6 years and 3 weeks before we went they had the big earthquake, we are planning on re-booking our holiday there as it will help with my language (I'm learning to speak Japanese) My boyfriend doesn't want me to go as he still thinks the radiation is something to worry about, and he does physics so he knows more than me, but would the radiation levels be safe enough to not harm me if I went for 2 months (I'll be around tokyo and kyoto and travelling)

Answer:


The areas that you will be traveling to is very safe and far from the radiation belt. You should not worry about radiation. We were in Tokyo in June and will be there again next week. There are some minor aftershocks but not very noticeable.

P.S. If your boyfriend "knows" physics, the he should know that IT IS safe. Tell him to just "google it"

No comments:

Post a Comment