Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How much would it cost for a trip to Japan?

Question:


Departing from Taiwan, Taipei prob. Plan's to go when I'm 18. Also, anyone know exactly what papers needed for a teen to go out? I mean, I want to take my bro with me, when I'm 18, he'll be 14 tho. I haven't talked to my parents yet, but I want to know about how much it'll cost and if it'll be actually possible to take him with me.

So yea, how much? Option 1 is to go with a tour, option 2 is just for me to buy the ticket and head over. Preferably China Airlines, I'm more familiar with that.

Also, how much would hotel cost there?

And um... I'm only still 15. Yes I know, early plans. I've been planning since 5 years ago actually, but back then was with my parents. But... they don't like walking, and they complain too much, and... I don't freaking want to be restrained from this and that. So yea, here I am having some planning done early.

Answer:


First off, the air fare quoted above is waaaaaaaaay overblown. In August during peak season on a Japanese carrier you can get round trip tickets for about TWD12,000 (about USD$415)+taxes. On off seasons you can get it for about TWD11,000 or less. So unless there is some major oil war or something happening, you can fly for a LOT less.
I would forget the tour - they are often made for a particular type of person - like more for the interests of old people, for example. You can tailor exactly what you want by doing it yourself, and getting around
is easy with signs in English for public transportation.
If you are traveling all across the country though, then you should look into getting a JR Rail Pass, or a regional JR Pass, or tourist air tickets like JAL's Yokoso fare or ANA's Japan Airpass.
And you can get a subway day pass for about 1000 yen in many major cities, plus there are overnight buses between Tokyo and Osaka or Kyoto, for example.
Hotels can be cheap to very high - it depends on what you want.
You don't say where you are going exactly, but you can get some economy hotels across the country like at
http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/
http://www.superhoteljapan.com/en/
http://www.kid97.co.jp/~jeh-group/jeh-gr…
or even for less in Tokyo or Kyoto at
www.newkoyo.com
www.shrek-watta-house.com
www.juyoh.co.jp
www.Kyotojp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment