Sunday, July 3, 2011

Transportation from haneda airport to osaka around midnight?

Question:


My plane arrives at haneda at 11 pm and I am trying to get to Osaka then. I have a friend who lives in Osaka-shi. How do I find a train or bus from the airport, and what stop would be closest to where my friend lives? Also, what would the prices be?
Thanks for any help!

Answer:


Train would be the Keikyū Airport Line, but that is gonna be fairly late for a connector to Osaka. There will be signs, in Japanese and English. You'd have to check scheduling, but if your plane is even a bit late, or you are slow to clear customs, you might have a wait. Never taken the bus, except to screw around between flights.

Frankly, I just don't see it happening. Like the guy below me said...just stay overnight at HAN...or change that God-awful arrival time. You will not like diddling around HAN all night...and I do not recommend any outside excursions unless you really know your way around and are pretty street wise.

Can you just fly from HAN to Osaka? ANA and JAL both fly there and it is SO much less of a hassle. The closer you get to Obon, big holiday (Usually the 15th in Kansai), the more crowded things are gonna get. The days between the 11th through the 22nd will be toughest.

Check the web for Keikyu Airport Line...and use a translate program, unless you can read Japanese. The folks at the airport will be there to help you as well. Still, that is NOT the best time for arrival, connection-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment