Sunday, July 3, 2011

Which city should I go to for foreign exchange in Japan?

Question:


I will be going to Japan for my junior year of high school with a foreign exchange program.
I don't think I can choose the city since I will go where ever they have a host family for me, but I think it would help a lot if I could maybe suggest the city that I wanted to go to.

I want to be in a place where I can really learn about Japan. Which means; not too westernized, and not too many foreigners walking around. So I don't really wanna go to Tokyo.
I'd like to be in a smaller city that is still largely populated just not as much as Tokyo.
But I also want to be in a place that's close to the larger cities so I still have to opportunity to visit the big cities.
Thanks in advance! :)

Answer:


I think that your answer lies in your second sentence. If you have the chance of choosing between two or more host families THEN is the time to make a choice. Other than that, just indicate your desire when you fill out your application. There are just too many cities around Osaka, Tokyo and Nagoya alone to start naming them.

No comments:

Post a Comment