Monday, August 15, 2011

Are there places in Japan that openly prohibit foreigners from entering?

Question:




Answer:


Many onsen? Not hardly. I've been to a LOT of them, all over Japan, and never had problem one. So at best that's an exaggeration, at worst, simply ignorant as to what is being spoken of.

The only signs I have ever seen have been on hostess clubs. These do NOT have to be run by the yakuza to exclude foreigners, it's just their decision. I've seen a lot of pics of such signs, but then Japan has a lot of such clubs. Contrary to popular belief, these are not all seedy places. Have taken quite a few foreign clients to them for the experience and have been taken to them myself by customers I have visited.

But, yes, they exist. Rare, at least in my opinion, but they exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment