Monday, August 15, 2011

What's the age requirement to get into clubs/drink in Japan?

Question:


I am going to be a Senior this fall in High School. I have decided not to have a graduation party, and instead take 2-4 weeks in the summer to travel somewhere. I have decided on Tokyo, Japan as a possible destination. What is the legal clubbing/drinking age in Japan? I will be 18 when i take the trip if I decide to go there. Would it be possible for an 18 year old to go clubbing/drinking in Japan? I want to have a good time there, and I plan on visiting many historical spots and structures as well as touring the city of Tokyo. I will be staying a little bit outside of Tokyo if i go. So aside from having fun in the tourist way, i want to go clubbing and/or drink. What's the age for clubbing/drinking in Japan?

Answer:


1- As has been said the legal age is 20 for drinking. I've never seen anyone getting carded and have seen Japanese who I would bet were underage drinking in bars.

2- That being said, get caught and see what happens. You aren't likely to get caught, but you never know. Get a bit drunk, get stupid and get caught. NOW the police step in. This can totally screw up your vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment