Monday, August 15, 2011

What are some inexpensive homemade sushi options?

Question:


I know this isn't travel related but there isn't a specific japanese foods category and I figured people browsing this area would be more familiar with sushi.

I've recently gotten into making sushi at home, and its great! I'm surprised at how easy, and how high the quality is.

Anyways, I was wondering what are some "cheap" rolls? I can't afford to eat expensive fillets all the time so I've been making spicy tuna rolls with cucumbers but I'm kind of sick of those. If its meat based it has to be under 6 dollars a pound for me to be able to afford it.

Answer:


Stick to making easy sushi rolls like Hoso-maki for a starting point until you get the hang of it. Suggested Ingredients include fresh fish such as salmon or tuna; smoked salmon; canned tuna mixed with mayonnaise; tempura; vegetables such as steamed asparagus; cucumber; carrot sticks; avocado; cheese or ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment