Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Can I go to Japan again this year?

Question:


I was planning a short trip (~ 1 week) to Japan this autumn. I was reading that you can only stay for 180 days in Japan on tourist visas during a 12 month period. I actually visited Japan twice before in the past 12 months already (holiday and a family wedding) with a 90 day landing permit in each case (hence 2 x 90 = 180 days). The total duration of actually being IN Japan was only like 20 days. For the purposes of my planned visit, would it count as me having been there as 20 or 180 days?

Thanks for any insight!
btw I'm a UK national

Answer:


You'd have to ask the Japanese embassy in the UK. They probably have something on their website about it. However, I don't think that's true because there are people that live in Japan and work without a working visa, then go for a "visa run" to somewhere not too far like South Korea or Thailand. When they go back to Japan, their holiday visa is refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment