Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Question regarding Japanese names?

Question:


It's about some Japanese names, and Japanese honorifics.

For example: A guy named "Sora". When using "-chan" can I use "So-chan" instead of "Sora-chan" and "So-kun" instead of "Sora-kun"?

And a girl named "Yuki". When using "-chan" again, can I use "Yu-chan" instead of "Yuki-chan"?

And another name "Suzume" can I use "Su-chan" instead of "Suzume-chan"?

And the last question is about the name "Amaya". Can I use "Ah-chan" instead of "Amaya-chan"?

Thanks!

Answer:


You can use it whatever way you like.

>For example: A guy named "Sora". When using "-chan" can I use "So-chan" instead of "Sora-chan" and "So-kun" instead of "Sora-kun"?

So-kun in this case is common way to call someone like Sora in Japan.

The same for other examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment