Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So what do you think of Ikebukuro?

Question:


Why are some people calling it Icky-bukuro? What's so bad about it? How is it for a place to live in? The shops, restaurants, parks?

Answer:


Actually, Ikebukuro was one of my favorite places in Tokyo. I usually stayed in a hotel there when I went to Tokyo. The station there is on the Yamanote Line, a line that loops around the city, so it is easy to get to other areas in Tokyo from there. I liked staying there because there were plenty of places open late, I liked many of the stores there (the Tokyu Hands there was my favorite of the Tokyu Hands stores I went to), and at the end of the day there were plenty of arcades and karaoke places to choose from. There are a lot of restaurants, too.

Though actually the area near my hotel had quite a few "adult" places. But despite what they were, it wasn't really sketchy or anything. I never felt unsafe walking around or that it was dirty or anything. But maybe that's why people would refer to it as "icky."

Anyways, I would love to live there! Ah, now I'm feeling nostalgic about Ikebukuro!

Maybe to see it you can watch some videos on YouTube. I took one myself, but it's shaky and I didn't have a good camera, but you can search for other ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gc6b3RdA…

No comments:

Post a Comment