Thursday, August 18, 2011

Help! Looking for anime merchandise/products!?

Question:


I've been looking for Case Closed/Detective Conan merchandise such as watches, hat, shirts, necklaces, etc...
Every site I've found is a site people claim to be scam.
Like the following: godoon.com, alibaba.com, salesmanb2b.com, etc...
Can anyone help me find a website or confirm if any of the sites I listed truly are scams? );

Answer:


Well, you can try eBay.com for that. Be advised, though, that some of the merchandise there isn't really an official merchandise, especially when they print out at least one of the titles of the Detective Conan movies somewhere in the item for no specific and logical reason.

For authentic items, I would personally suggest CD Japan or Play-Asia.

The first site mainly sells authentic audio CDs and DVDs, including J-pop and anime. However, they do sell other authentic stuff from Japan that you may like. They did sell authentic Detective Conan t-shirts that were released months ago, but I'm not sure if it's still in stock. I haven't seen them sell authentic watches, hats, and necklaces, but I did see them sell authentic mugs, cell phone straps, and sleep masks with Kogoro's face in it.

The second site focuses specifically CDs and DVDs. They tend to have cheaper prices though compared with CD Japan, and they offer free shipping depending on your country. I bought one Detective Conan CD from this site (Detective Conan TV Original Soundtrack Selection Best), and I was very pleased with what I got and the discount that I was able to take advantage of.

You can also try to go to Rakuten, which is some sort of a Japanese counterpart for eBay. They used to sell a lot of authentic DC goods here, some of which may be used already. But I did notice that the number of DC items being sold has reduced a lot in recent months. Still, it's worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment