Thursday, August 18, 2011

Why are people so mean to people who like Japan ?

Question:


I like Japan, I learn Japanese (I can speak nearly fluently) and I watch anime and read manga but why do other people have a problem with that. It's none of anyone's business and it's just something I enjoy. I know people that like other countries and do the exact same thing. I know people who love Spain learn Spanish, watch Spanish tv and goes to Spanish festivals, I know people who like Korea and listen to only Korean music and dress like Korean people. There is nothing wrong with having an interest in a culture. I also love england where I was born and Barbados where my parents are born so I'm not claiming that I am Japanese or saying that Japan is better than every country in the world. I know some people take it overboard and pretend that they are Japanese when they can't even pronounce one word but not everyone is like that and I hate being generalised. Does anyone else feel this way?

Answer:


It's like asking "why are people mean to my boyfriend just because he loves me?"
Theoretically, this question cannot be answered.
No nation on earth is free from criticism, which is not necessarily due to racism or prejudice.
Nobody on earth is free from criticism. Some people like you; some people dislike you.
You need to face the reality; you cannot please everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment