Saturday, August 6, 2011

How are tourists or foreign exchange students treated in Japan?

Question:


Hello :D I'm an Asian Australian born and raised in Australia and i was just wondering how tourists or foreign exchange students are treated in Japan. In general do Japanese people like people who grew up in a western culture (geographically southern for Australians but our culture is very western and multicultural).

I've seen many anime and manga so i can understand Japanese a fair bit but I'm horrible at speaking it. i know that anime is nothing like reality, just pointing that out lol.

From what i have read, native Japanese people are very polite and will help out a tourists when asked, if you make friends they are very interested and will ask many questions about the in the country you grew up in. Questions like, "in Australia, do people.......this...........that........…
I've also heard that Japanese people like people with blonde hair and blue eyes, is that also true (in general)? I'm Asian, so that is dark brown hair and brown eyes for me LOL. How do the Japanese people treat foreign Asians who grew up in a western culture compared a white person? how well do Japanese people speak English? i hear that students are taught English as their second language.

I'm just a curious girl who is thinking of traveling to japan in the future possibly with my best friend (who is white). I am a polite person, and i do believe in, "when you in a different country, respect their laws and their customs" so yeah.



thanks :D

Answer:


Your friend might be discriminated against, you might blend right on in unless you tried to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment