Saturday, August 6, 2011

Living in Japan with a yard/ garden-ish?

Question:


I'd like to live IDEALLY around Tokyo and eventually (like ten or so years AFTER being in Japan) move into a cute little house. I've always been a huge gardened the only thing about housing in Japan that really tore me was there was no way in Hell I'd be getting a lawn :(
But do you think that there would be even the smallest chane of having some sort of green around Tokyo (not IN Tokyo)? I'm not asking for a soccer field just something I can plant a rose bush and tulips.
I've been planing on going to Japan for two years now and I have another eight left, so please don't be a smart @$$ :)

Answer:


Well, nobody stops that, but the money.
In fact, My wife plants rose and tulip. However, it is a flower bed rather than a garden.
I saw some our neighbors have lawn in their garden.

But how much is your budget? If you want to have a house, it costs at least 50 million yen.
You might have a loan, in stead of lawn.

I recommend you to live in a rural area, like Hokkaido.
My brother and his family are living at Asahikawa in Hokkaido. Although it is really cold in winter, it is a good place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment