Saturday, August 6, 2011

Volunteer Exchange Program in Japan?

Question:


I really want to go to Japan and since they don't give Work Holiday visas to US citizens, I want to find a volunteer program. I would like the cost of the program (not having to include flight ticket, food, or housing) to be around $200 or less maybe if possible but I am definitely open to other more expensive programs (I just like being cheap, LOL). If the program cost covers food and housing then it would be ok if it is more expensive. I will be 17 when I want to go in 2013 (18 on June 12). I am willing to do most anything but I would like to have free time to explore Japan. And the program must be a summer program because I would be going to college in the fall. Even if the program is super expensive I would like to hear about it because I will find a way to pay for it! Any Ideas? Please & Thank You! (^_^)

Answer:


Try finding school programs that allow student exchanges.
Through my highschool program, I was able to go to Taiwan for 2 weeks along with a group from my city and stay with a family there. In the fall, those we stayed with and new students from Taiwan came to stay with us for 2 weeks. I am aware the surrounding cities had different places their students stayed in (some went to Europe, some went to Japan).
EDIT
Also, do some asking around at your school (ask your principal). I had no idea my highschool did that program because I had never heard it around school. The only reason I knew was because my brother's Chinese teacher told him. So he got to go, and then I went going into my senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment