Monday, August 29, 2011

Should I teach in Japan or Korea? Public or Private school?

Question:


Hi. I am considering teaching English in Japan or Korea. I have already made very good comparisons and have already researched a lot of information for both Japan and Korea. I wanted to get some personal experiences if possible, either teaching in Japan and/or Korea.

I already know the requirements to work abroad in Korea and Japan, so no need for answers that tell me that I need a degree and such.

Also, which is better? Obtaining a job at a public school (which are run/funded by the government) and being an ALT (in Japan) or GET (in S. Korea), or working at private English schools in either country?

I really want to save up money that I earn over there. I am already considering the JET and EPIK programs, as well as many other private schools in both Korea and Japan. Of course, I am probably going to end up going both to Japan and S. Korea eventually, but which one should I go first, since I have just graduated from college. I graduated with Japanese as my major, so it makes sense to go to Japan, but S. Korea is also very attractive to me too.

Thanks.

Answer:


There are so many people trying to go to Japan to teach English so it might be hard to get an ATL job but I'd say, go for Japan - I've been to both Korea and Japan several times but cities are SO dirty and people are rude/rough in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment