Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In japan how old do you have to be to get a part time job?

Question:


i want to know because i am planning to move to japan without my parents and i don't want to have to make them worry about me on weather im doing okay or not.. if anyone knows please tell me.

Answer:


The age required for a part time job in Japan is 15. But if you are a foreigner you can get a part time job only if you have a student visa or if you have a Japanese spouse or in some special circumstances.
I have worked in Japan as an engineer for 2 years but lost my job due to recession. At that time I had an engineer visa with a few days left. So, I applied for an extension of visa as a temporary visitor which was for 3 months with a request to do part time job to meet my daily expenses while I look for a permanent job. This was a special case and luckily the Immigration approved it!...
So, you just can't move to Japan and get a part time job. You can visit Japan as a tourist or if you have a job offer you can get a work visa.

No comments:

Post a Comment