Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Living with a host family in Japan?

Question:


My parents have given me permission and funds to go to Japan to live with a host family if I find the right company to do it through, but I have two questions: Do I need to know how to speak fluent/semi-fluent Japanese to do this? and can I do this in the second semester of the school year, or do I have to next summer? I have a English-Japanese dictionary, I plan on studying key phrases

Answer:


As long as you choose the right school, and right organization who are running exchange-student programs, you do not need to worry about your host family.
Because, host families are also strictly selected by the organization. They must to prepare comfortable accommodations for foreign students. They are required to have at least one person in their family who can speak fairly good English (in your case) to take care of you. Otherwise, they cannot be qualified as a host family.

No comments:

Post a Comment