Saturday, October 15, 2011

Can I attend a high school?

Question:


Ok so im a nisei and my parents have decided to send me back to japan for my high school years. I told them i don't wanna but they wanna send me anyway -_-... What bugs me is that even though i can speak japanese for the most part i cant read nor write past an elementary level. They said that I'll be fine but im still kinda nervous. Also in order to do this I'm gonna have to leave my school here in Hawaii halfway through the school year cause school in japan starts and ends than a different time in america.

My question is how am I gonna get into a high school? I'm almost certain I can't pass the entrance exam with my sub-par japanese skills.

Christ...I hate my parents sometimes...

Answer:


You are right. You can't pass entrance exams. So you can't join a regular high school in Japan.

The only option is to go to an international school or high school who would accept returnee (Japanese who used to live in other countries.)

>高校生だった時生との中で二世だった人はいましたか?

No for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment