Saturday, October 15, 2011

What Japanese name goes with this one (Hotaru) best?

Question:


I'm writing a fanfic based on the manga/anime Fairy Tail. I'm a huge NaLu (natsu x lucy) supporter so it's about them. I decided to let them have kids in the story which are surprisingly twins. However, I've ran into a problem. I've decided on using the name Hotaru for one of them which means "Firefly" but they will also go by the nickname Ryu which means "Dragon". As for the other child, I'm stuck on deciding between these names:

Hikari - light (nickname: Kari)
Hoshimi - starlight (nickname: Hoshi)
Hoshiyo - star (nickname: also Hoshi.... -.- )

Which one pairs up better with Hotaru in your opinion? I've debated on possibly doing Hotaru & Hikari or Hotaru & Hoshiyo. Personally, I think Hikari and Hoshiyo could use a better nickname as well but your opinion on that could also be of help. If you think of any other celestial japanese names that could work you also recommend them too :)

Answer:


I think Hikari is best in this case. Hoshimi and Hoshiyo are not used as names so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment