Sunday, October 30, 2011

What are some awesome anime and gaming places in Japan to visit?

Question:


I'll be moving to Japan soon to start my job, and I chose Japan because I've always loved Japanese culture, language, and many other things. My biggest hope is to see some places that America just never seems to have in most places, are Anime centered stores, and Gaming centered stores.

Ok so we have Gamestop and FYE, but those places make me pretty sick. They are tend to never have what I'm looking for. I understand it's mostly because this is America and people would rather play Call of Duty instead of Melty Blood. Or most people have only hear of DBZ and Naruto but have no clue what I'm talking about when I say Chibi Vampire or Black Butler.

A co-worker of mine said he saw a place one time when in japan that was a replica of a Pokemon Center, and they sold tons of Pokemon stuff inside. That's the kind of stuff I'm hoping to see. :D

I just want to experience as much as possible in Japan while I'm there so if you could throw out some names and maybe even Google Earth locations that'd be awesome.

(I'm going to ask about culture locations and festivals in another spot if you'd have an answer for that as well, I'll post a link to those questions as an update)

Answer:


Just go to Akihabara, Tokyo which is a town of anime and game. I don't think there are many other places you should go.

Or you can go to anime convention like Comiket if you visit Japan when it's held.
http://www.comiket.co.jp/index_e.html

No comments:

Post a Comment