Sunday, October 30, 2011

WHAT CAREER SHOULD I PURSUE to live in japan?

Question:


it's my second year in college and i do not know what career i should pursue if i want to work in japan, I'm planning on majoring in something and minor in japanese and get a job in japan after i get my degree here in the US. I'm planning on staying in japan and work for a while and go back to the states when I am bored. I've been wanting to live in Japan for a long time now and hope i can achieve this goal. I've heard a lot of people going major economics or engineer with a minor in japanese. Are these jobs any good or is there better jobs out there, and those jobs have to let me work in the US too when i get back. I am kind of lost so if someone would give me advice on what i should be doing. So far I'm a 2nd year student in a college and i've half way finished taken all the general stuff and I'm not sure which path to take. All my prerequisite courses that i've taken are related to nursing but people said it's not too late to change ur career since i'd just started.

Answer:


You must think of what career you want to have for the rest of your life. If you are planning to work in Japan for a few years til you're bored, it would be foolish to major in something in terms of just working in Japan. Engineering and medicine are two fields that will be in high demand in the future. Economics is good as a springboard for something else like accounting or business management - but you have to decide that for yourself. As far as working in Japan goes, you could have a Bachelor's in basket weaving and that is enough for a work visa. It's highly unlikely you can find work in Japan based on something that the Japanese readily find among themselves, hence most teach English. It pays the bills and while there is no real future in it, it satisfies the needs of many people like you who only plan to be in Japan for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment