Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dose Japan dislike tattoos still? Will they not let me in public baths and ect?

Question:


I am going to live in japan for 2 years and atend a college in fukuoka, I have many tattoo's, can anybody tell me , preferably someone from fukuoka area, if i will have a hard time in public places because i have tattoo's. Also i am Half Japanese and American, born in usa.Only been to tokyo for a couple weeks, at worst i was stared at. I want to know, If because i am half, if people in Fukuoka city will dislike me because of that, and if i will have a hard time, or will it be like tokyo and just stares. Thanks, i would like to know asap

Answer:


The reason why many of public bathes don't like tatoos is because tatoos are not popular for ordinary Japanese except for Yakuza.

I recommend you visit the front counter and tell about your tatoos.
Maybe you wil be able to enjoy the bath because you are not yakuza.

If you don't like being stared at, try some public bathes which have private rooms.
You can find many in Fukuoka.

In my experience, halfs are more stared at than other foreighn people because they are in general nice looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment