Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dual citizen looking to go to college in Japan.?

Question:


Im a 29 year old Japanese American with dual citizenship, born and raised in Los Angeles.
I feel like I'm too late and old to further my education but if I decide to, how does the school system work in Japan?
I was born before 1985 so I'm allowed to keep my dual citizenship, even after the age of 22.
I'm already 29 years old and the furthest education I've completed is acquiring my GED, with no college courses completed.
Here in the states, it's never to late to go back to college but I'm not sure what Japan's perspective on students enrolling in school at my age.
If it's possible for me to enroll in college in Japan, would I be qualified for financial aid from the Japanese government as a national?

Answer:


You're not a Japanese national, you're an American. And you lost any claim to Japanese citizenship when you turned 22. The Japanese government isn't going to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment