Monday, November 14, 2011

How much does it usually cost to go to Japan?

Question:


I love Japan A LOT and reeeaaaally wanna visit there, and I just wanted to know how much it would cost to go there.
The main areas I would like to go to would be Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto, and maybe a couple of others depending on the expenses.
I wanted to apply for the 10,000 free trips thing, but people are saying that it starts in April, and that wouldn't be good for me, considering when I go to Japan, I want to go to the Vocaloid concert, which is apparently March 9th. So that idea is ruined for me.
But anyways, I know it would cost really expensive. If you don't know for sure, please atleast take a guess. Thanks!~

Answer:


Depends where you are flying from, and when. You might find something as low as US$800 or up to twice that.
Try looking at sites like www.kayak.com and www.mobissimo.com for some cheaper fares, as well as looking at some of the airline websites directly, which may have some bargains going. Be careful to check it with all the costs and taxes - there are some scammy deals where the airfare is $200 but the taxes and fuel surcharge kick in another $700 or so.
Just remember that you get what you pay for - the cheap-o tickets often have the most restrictions, like no refund if you must cancel, no chance or high costs to make a date change, and so on. And if you book through one of the online agencies like Expedia, Trouble City, Orbitz etc, pray you don't have to make a change - they just try to foist you onto the airlines where you can waste half an hour on hold just to have them tell you the change must be done through the issuing agency, which is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment