Monday, December 5, 2011

How much money should i bring for a trip to Japan?

Question:


I am going on a school trip to Japan during spring break. We will be going for 9 days visiting Tokyo, Kyoto, and Nara. The trip doesn't include lunch and dinner (except for 2 nights). I also want money for souvenirs and stuff. How much should I ask my parents to give me? I'm 14 in the 9th grade. Thanks!

Answer:


The flight will take about 13-14 hours, depending on the weather, air traffic, airline and other factors.
It looks like your accommodations, transport and some food is included, so from what you write you
could make do with about $400 minimum, if the school trip includes the tickets to go to the large number of temples, shrines, etc. Otherwise, add another $150 or so. Souvenirs could be a few dollars each to the sky's the limit, so you need to watch yourself and think of what you want within reason. Naturally you will be more comfortable with more money, but these are the minimums.

No comments:

Post a Comment