Monday, December 5, 2011

How should I deal with this?

Question:


December 7th 1941, Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japanese. I am not an American, I am a Canadian, but I am in Japan. How should I deal with reminding the students I teach about what happened in Hawaii 70 years ago? Will they learn from their bad history? Have they learned from it by having their country claim responsibility for this tragic event, that killed 2,403 American troops?

Also I will have my ALT teachers meeting that day and most of the ALT teachers are American.

Answer:


Do you know what really happened ? The attack was provoked. The American government had been trying to cut off oil supplies to Japan. Not only was the attack provoked, we knew about a week or two ahead of time. Our higher ups wanted us to get into the war. They let the attack happen. Try and google " The bones of station H ".
Do you think a fleet of ships and planes could travel all the way from Japan to Hawaii and not be noticed by someone ?

No comments:

Post a Comment