Monday, December 5, 2011

Is becoming a citizen of Japan a logical goal for a scientist? (I do hope this is the right category)?

Question:


Hello, I am 15 years old and just now starting to think about things like where I want to end up, what my final goals are, etc. I am a near straight A student, my only B being in my immersion class (Hint-my ability to learn a new language is perhaps more lagged then my other abilities) . I am in advanced classes and will graduate high school in two years at the rate Im on. I then plan to go study astronomy for ten years here in Canada. I have already started to study Japanese, and have successfully leaned hiragana, katakana, and all the kanji at kindergarten- grade three level. Is astronomy a skill that will be accepted by Japanese immigration? Am I making good progress? Is there something I should be doing differently to make this a more realistic goal? Im more then willing to relinquish my Canadian citizenship as I do not feel there's anything "for me," here, despite it being the 6th highest nation in the world. Japan seems to be the place to be for people who actually want to be recognized scientifically.

Answer:


You usually need working or student visa to live in Japan.

For working visa, you have to get a job offer from a Japanese company. But you can't look for a job in Japan without a visa. So you need it before you enter Japan.

For student visa, you have to be admitted to a Japanese college. You need to pay tuition and living cost for 4 years. It could be about $100,000.

If you want to become a Japanese citizen, you have to keep living in Japan for more than 5 years without a pause. Then, you will be eligible to apply for citizenship. But you need more like stable income, sufficient reason, Japanese language skill and so on if you want your application to be accepted.

You can apply for Permanent Residence of Japan under similar condition. And this is relatively easier than citizenship.

>Is astronomy a skill that will be accepted by Japanese immigration? Am I making good progress?

No. Japan does not need much more scientists from other countries because there are more than enough in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment