Tuesday, December 6, 2011

TV provider in Tokyo with access to TV Tokyo, Fuji TV and NTV?

Question:


So I'm thinking of moving to Japan eventually, Kanto prefecture (Tokyo preferably) and I was wondering (because I'm not entirely sure what to look for) if any given TV provider in Tokyo has TV Tokyo, Fuji TV, and NTV (Nippon Television). Or if channels and TV providers work differently then they do here in the US. (-_- total noob at knowing this stuff) Basically all the major anime channels (TV Tokyo has Naruto Bleach and Gintama so that's probably a need. So in a reply, a provider (or possible way) to get these channels would be nice (Kanto prefecture, pref Tokyo). Thanks guys (And I know the cost of living is very high but I'm hoping to somehow get the money and a job (there in Japan after I'm finally fluent) and I'm asking around on all the things I use most how they work in Japan (TV being an exception as I currently use Crunchyroll which isn't licensed for too many shows at all in Japan because they have their anime on live TV (again wouldn't be a problem with me after I'm fluent and caught up to every show I'd be watching, as long as I had a DVR for backup).

Answer:


Those channels are essentially provided for anyone with an antenna/digital receiver. There's no one to subscribe to to get them. They are broadcast channels like in the USA, where if you only had an antenna you can still get FOX, NBC, ABC and CBS. If you want things like satellite channels, movie channels etc then you have to subscribe to cable/satellite to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment